Are you interested in accepting SNAP at your farm or your farmers market? We have good news! USDA Food and Nutrition Service (FNS), the agency responsible for SNAP authorization, is available to answer your questions.
What you need to prepare:
- Review the step-by-step application instructions.
- Gather necessary documents as indicated by the step-by-step instructions document and scan your documents ahead of time if possible.
- Go ahead and start the application – https://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/apply-to-accept
- Save time by starting the application. The FNS representative can pick up where you left off.
- You must have a level 1 eAuthentication ID prior to completing the application.
Questions about your application? Reach out to Ezekiel Kresie, ONIE Project Dietitian, at Ezekiel-Kresie@ouhsc.edu to get connected with an FNS representative.
The ONIE Project is your ally. We are here to assist you with getting started and welcome you to this great group of direct farmers and farmers markets that are making locally grown, quality products available for all Oklahomans. Once your farm or farmers market is approved to accept SNAP ONIE has these resources for you:
- Specialized training for you and vendors
- Customized and branded marketing materials
- On-going consultation