Information below is from the 2022 Oklahoma Local Ag Summit.
The Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food and Forestry in partnership with the Oklahoma Nutrition Information and Education Project, are hosting the Oklahoma Local Agriculture Summit (OKLAS) – formerly Oklahoma Farmers Market & Agritourism Conference on March 1st – 3rd at a new venue location! This multi-day conference will feature both in-person & virtual sessions of interest for farmers market managers, producers, community support organizations, and agritourism site managers. To learn more about OKLAS visit the event’s Facebook page. Thanks to the grants and sponsorships all events for OKLAS are free to attend. Funding acknowledgements listed below.
The Summit will be at the Stoney Creek Hotel in Broken Arrow. We do have a hotel block available until 2/8/22 at the rate of $96.
Tuesday, March 1st
- Marketing Workshop 1:00 PM-5:00 PM (add-on to your primary registration)
- Innovative Farm Practices by Langston University 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM (add-on to your primary registration)
Wednesday, March 2nd
- Full Day Summit
- 20+ Breakout Sessions
- Free Lunch Included
- Post event social hour
Thursday, March 3rd
- Agritourism Rolling Workshop 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (add-on to your primary registration)
- Innovative Farm Tour 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (add-on to your primary registration)
2022 Covid Safety Plan
The safety of all participants is the number one priority of conference organizers. All state, county, city and local ordinances will be followed in addition to the details below:
- Reservations and ticketing will be done online.
- A virtual option for select sessions will be made available thanks to Langston University
- Masks or face coverings will be encouraged at all times in all locations except when eating or drinking and cover nose and mouth. Masks will be available to those that want one.
- Vaccination: Masks are encouraged regardless of COVID-19 vaccination status.
- Sanitizing stations will be placed throughout all locations and participants will be encouraged to use them frequently.
2022 OKLAS Stakeholder Members
Past OKFMAC Conferences Info
2021 OKLAS Stakeholder Members
Click here for the complete list of sessions & speakers from the Full Conference Day for 2021.
Click here for the complete list of sessions & speakers from the Full Conference Day for 2020.
This summit is made possible through the support of a USDA Specialty Crop Block Grant & the ONIE Project. The views expressed in written materials or publications and by speakers and moderators do not necessarily reflect the official policies of the Department of Health and Human Services; nor does any mention of trade names, commercial practices, or organization imply endorsement by the United States Government. Langston University –USDA OPPE through the 2501 Limited Resource Farmers & Ranchers Association.
Sponsorship for the Innovative Farm Tour has been provided by USDA Natural Resources Conservation Services and Oklahoma Farm Bureau.