Many hardworking families need a little help to make sure they get enough nutritious food. Different programs and resources are available to help them.

Oklahoma 211 provides an easy-access system for information and referral to community services for those who need help and those who provide help with food, rent, utilities and more. To find resources Text 211OK to 898211, visit the 211 website: 211oklahoma.org, or call 2-1-1.

The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly the Food Stamp Program, helps people of all ages get the food they need with the Access Oklahoma card, an electronic benefit transfer (EBT) card. SNAP is for any legal United States resident who meets the income guidelines. Call 1 866-411-1877 for SNAP information or visit the Oklahoma Department of Human Services website for more information.

Women Infants and Children Supplemental Nutrition Program-usually called WIC-provides nutrition education, information about breastfeeding, and nutritious foods. The WIC program is for women who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have recently given birth and children under five year old. Call 1-888-655-2942 or visit the WIC website.

While school is out for the summer or closed due to COVID-19 many sponsoring organizations, serving hundreds of sites across the state, provide no-cost meals to kids 18 and younger. Many sites serve both breakfast and lunch or lunch and a snack. Visit meals4kidsok.org to find a location near you.

School Lunch and Breakfast Programs offer free and reduced-price meals at school to children with low incomes who qualify. Contact the Oklahoma Child Nutrition Office at (405) 521-3327 or visit the Oklahoma State Department of Education website.

Regional Food Bank offers food and resource for 1,200 partnering agencies in central and western Oklahoma. For a list of food banks in central or western Oklahoma visit the Regional Food Bank website or call (405) 972 1111.

Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma offers food and resources for 450 partnering agencies in eastern Oklahoma. For a list of food banks in eastern Oklahoma visit the Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma website or call Tulsa’s office (918) 585-2800 or McAlester’s office (918) 429-7755.

Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP) provide low-income seniors with dollar value coupons that can be exchanged for Oklahoma Grown (OKGrown) (fruits, vegetables, honey, and fresh-cut herbs) at participating farmers’ markets. To see more visit OK-DHS Aging Services website.