1. In a large stockpot, cover potatoes with water & bring to a boil. Cook 12-15 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain & set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat oil on medium-high. Add chicken & sauté 5-7 minutes, or until golden brown.
3. Add onion, bell pepper & garlic. Sauté 4-5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add water, tomatoes, okra & thyme. Cover & simmer 10 minutes, or until okra is tender.
5. Remove from heat & add potatoes to skillet. Mix well. Cover & let stand 5 minutes before serving.