- In a large stockpot, heat oil over medium. Add garlic, onions & ham. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring throughout.
- Gradually stir in milk & flour. Cook 2-3 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Stir in broth, potatoes & Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover & simmer 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Use a fork or potato masher to smash potatoes. Stir in 1 cup cheese. Mix well.
- Serve topped with remaining cheese & yogurt.