Looking for a fun and healthy twist on afternoon snacks? Veggie trains are a cute and delicious option! Bonus: This treat is easy and quick to set up!
All you need are some bell peppers and a few of your favorite veggies! The more colorful the better!
To make your own veggie trains follow the instructions below:
- Clean all of your veggies.
- Lay your cleaned bell peppers on their side and cut off the tops just above the stems. Clean out the seeds.
- Slice some cucumber or carrots for wheels. Attach your sliced veggies to the outside of the bell peppers with toothpicks. Arrange bell peppers end to end to make a train.
- Fill the bell peppers with your favorite veggies.
For our veggie train we used some of our favorite veggies! We used broccoli, cauliflower, grape tomatoes, mini carrots, celery, and sliced sweet peppers, but you can choose any veggies you like.
As an added treat add some ONIE Homemade Yogurt Ranch Dip on the side for a tasty addition to your snack! Just follow the easy instructions below or watch the how to video here.
- 4 multigrain saltine crackers
- 1/2 cup dried parsley
- 3 Tbsp dried minced onions
- 1 Tbsp dried dill
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp onion powder
- 3/4 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- Place saltines in a plastic bag & close. Using the bottom of a cup crush crackers into a fine powder.
- Add spices to bag & shake well. Rub closed bag between hands to further crush spices.
- In a bowl mix yogurt, sour cream & 2 Tbsp spice mix. Mix well.
- Serve with fresh vegetables. Store left-over spice mix for future use in an airtight container.