What is the summer meal program?
The Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) provides nutritious meals to children 18 years or under during the summer months. This program provides children the same high-quality meals that they would get during the school year.
Who is eligible to receive meals?
Children or teens 18 and under may receive a no-cost meal and snack through SFSP. Also, persons with disabilities of any age who participate in school programs for people with physical or mental disabilities can receive a no-cost meal and snack. Identification and paperwork are not required.
Find a meal pick-up location near you: https://meals4kidsok.org/
What changes are being made to the program?
- No-contact pick-up is available.
- The child or teen can eat the meal at home instead of congregating at the meal site.
- It is not mandatory for the child or teen to be present during pick-up. A parent or guardian may pick up meals.
- CDC guidelines are implemented.
What is being done to keep everything sanitary?
Following the CDC guidelines, both staffing and meal distribution have rules to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Frequent hand washing for at least 20 seconds. Before beginning work, after breaks, after sneezing or touching their face, and before, during, and after preparing food.
- Disposable gloves are provided
- Regularly sanitized hard surfaces both in preparation areas and distribution areas.
- Spaced out work stations for staff preparing food.
- No-contact meals are distributed from staff to families while keeping 6 feet apart by placing food on tables or directly into vehicles.
- Sites may use extended or staggered pick-up times to minimize crowding.
- If approved, multiple meals can be distributed at one time to reduce contact.
- No-contact at-home delivery can be arranged for families that have tested positive for COVID-19, experiencing symptoms, need to self-quarantine, or other conditions that prevent them from leaving their house. Families may also be referred to other food resources.
For information on meal distribution at specific meal sites, please contact the site directly. Find a meal site near you at https://meals4kidsok.org/.