- Prepare rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a medium heat-proof bowl, add chiles & boiling water. Let stand 15-20 minutes, or until chiles are very soft. Remove chiles from water, reserving the soaking water. Transfer chiles to a blender.
- Add tomatoes, onion, garlic & chipotle pepper to blender. Add 1/2 cup of soaking liquid & blend until smooth. Add additional liquid as needed to get a saucy consistency.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add shrimp & cook 3-4 minutes or until cooked through, flipping once.
- Add sauce to the pan & reduce heat to medium. Simmer 5 minutes. Serve over rice, topped with avocado.