- Fill a large pot with water & bring to a boil. Meanwhile, cut ends off plantains & cut in half. Add plantains & reduce heat to medium. Simmer 10-15 minutes, or until plantains are fork-tender. Drain & let stand 5 minutes, or until cool enough to handle.
- Peel plantains & dice. Transfer to a large bowl & mash with a fork, adding hot water a little at a time as needed to get desired consistency. Stir in oil & 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cover & set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high. Add beef, onion & garlic. Cook 7-8 minutes, or until cooked through, crumbling meat throughout.
- Add bell pepper, tomatoes, olives, cumin & remaining pepper. Mix well. Cover & simmer 10-12 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender.
- Serve plantains topped with beef mixture.